Staying Safe on the Roads this Holiday Season
Thanksgiving weekend is one of the busiest and deadliest travel times of the year as millions hit the roads.
According to the National Safety Council, nearly 500 people died in vehicle crashes over Thanksgiving weekend in 2020.
The below driving tips will help keep you and your family safe so you can spend more time enjoying turkey and football with your loved ones.
- Try to leave early to prevent driving at night and in bumper-to-bumper traffic.
- Avoid aggressive driving and maintain a safe distance from other cars.
- Avoid distracted driving and use your vehicle’s map feature to avoid looking at your phone.
- Be on the lookout for deer in remote and rural areas.
- Slowdown in bad weather conditions such as snow and ice.
- Have a prepared kit in your vehicle in case of an emergency. The kit should include blankets, snacks, water, tools, phone charges, and jumper cables.